Ford House is a Grade II* Listed, well preserved example of an early 18th Century (1730 circa) five-bay house. Its structure is of finely-jointed red brickwork construction with grey sandstone dressing and a two span slate roof. Its original interior is fairly complete with some 19th Century remodelling. The house is the centre of a group including a terraced garden to the east and a service courtyard to the north-west. This complex consists of a dovecote and laundry courtyard to the east (adjoining the single-storey laundry-kitchen service range), two stable ranges; one to the south and one to the north; the courtyard is enclosed to the west by a roadside wall.
The dovecote is a Grade II Listed two-storey red brick structure with pyramidal slate roof and dentil brick eaves cornice. It follows a very common typology: free-standing square building with means of access through a louvred window and a now gone glover.
The Stable block ranges are Grade II listed red brick two-storey structures with a plain tile roof. It presents dentil brick eaves cornice, parapeted gable ends with chamfered sandstone copings, moulded at feet and a small brick ridge stack.